Middlesbrough Football Club (”We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with the Terms and Conditions of Use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, via the website located at www.mfc.co.uk and/or its related channels or by post, fax, telephone, mobile messaging, face-to-face, social media or any other channel, will be processed and used by us.
We will at all times only collect and process your Personal Information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”) and any other applicable data protection legislation. For the purpose of the DPA, the data controller is Middlesbrough Football & Athletic Company (1986) Limited of Riverside Stadium, Middlesbrough, TS3 6RS.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
When you visit this website, or contact us by post, phone, mobile messaging, verbal communication or social media, We may collect, store and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.mfc.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by post, fax, phone, e-mail, mobile messaging, face-to-face, social media or any other channel. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order or make a purchase on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, sign up to newsletters or other communications and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, date of birth, social media account, purchases you have made vis the website.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer/device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, commercial partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies).
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in primarily (but not limited to) the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit carefully selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. We, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, they will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please do not opt in to the services we offer via our site;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- Selected third parties including:
- Commercial partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will share your personal information with third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We strongly recommend that parents and guardians supervise their children’s internet use and use of this website. Various tools are available online to assist parents in creating a child-friendly environment for internet use by their children. Children and young people should always speak to their parents before submitting any Personal Information on this website.
We do not actively market to children.
By continuing to use the website and any services offered, you are confirming that you have received the consent of your parent or guardian to use the website.
In order to protect children and young people, those under the age of 18 must always ask their parent or guardian before they:
- use the website;
- email the website or request that We email anything to them or any other person;
- send any information to us;
- enter any competition or game that requires information about them or another child or young person or offers a prize;
- apply to join or participate in the Young Fan’s Forum;
- post any information on any bulletin board or enter any chat room; or agree or attempt to buy anything online.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button on the relevant link or contacting us at Riverside Stadium, Middlesbrough, TS3 6RS.
You may notify us of any updates, amendments or corrections to previously collected Personal Information in writing or by email to [email protected]. We encourage you to keep your Personal Information up to date.
If you send a written request that We delete your Personal Information We will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete your Personal Information from our database. This may not be immediate and We may retain some Personal Information where necessary for legal or tax purposes.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our commercial partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The DPA gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you and we may ask you for proof of your identity before providing you with the information you have requested.
Policy changes will only apply to the Personal Information collected after the date of the change. By continuing to use the website you are agreeing to be bound by the updated or amended terms.